- Pose a question related to content.
- Students may work individually or in teams to answer the question.
- Each student or team writes answer in large letters on a response board (or paper).
- When everyone in the group is ready (or when time is called), the leader says "1-2-3, Showdown!" and each person (or team) raises response board high to reveal the individual (or team) answer.
- It’s quickly apparent if there is consensus on the answer.
- Students may then compare and discuss responses as needed.
- Continue by posing additional questions.
- For multiple choice responses, provide each individual or team A, B, C, D cards to hold high when sharing Showdown response.
- For numbered answers, 1-10, learners may hold up number of fingers to indicate response.